One of the ways that I have been able to keep Free Technology for Teachers running for the last twelve years is through offering professional development services in the forms of in-person workshops and online courses sold through Practical Ed Tech.
The most popular Practical Ed Tech course that I’ve hosted over the last six years is Getting Going With G Suite. I’ve offered that course in live formats and on-demand formats for years. This week I released an updated version of the on-demand Getting Going With G Suite course.
Getting Going With G Suite is a course that was designed for teachers who are new to using the powerful the tools within G Suite for Education. In this course you’ll learn everything you need to know to feel comfortable using all of the core G Suite tools with your students. This course is more than just a series of “how to” videos. You’ll be provided with examples of activities that you can use and adapt to use in your classroom.
- Streamlining your workflow through Google Classroom.
- Taking control of your inbox with Gmail hacks.
- Creating self-grading assessments in Google Forms.
- Developing a classroom website with Google Sites.
- Using Google Sheets to send personalized emails in bulk.
- Organizing meetings with Google Calendar.
- Keeping track of bookmarks and notes with Google Keep.
- Using Jamboard and Drawings to create diagrams.
- Making beautiful presentations in Google Slides.
- Creating guided reading activities in Google Docs.
Getting Going With G Suite is on sale until next Friday. Register in the next eight days and you’ll save $30 off the regular price of $97. You can register now and start the course whenever it is convenient for you.
Finally, a huge thank you to all of you who have invited me to your schools or participated in one of the Practical Ed Tech courses over the last decade. I couldn’t do it without you!